" This is a space, where you don't have to stand alone anymore" - melina
If you are considering counselling, then I can offer you a safe and confidential space for you to explore your thoughts and feelings. Where you can be completely honest, without fear of consequences, because you are with someone, who is professionally trained and impartial to your situation. A space to be listened to and truly heard.
If you have unresolved issues from your past, feeling unhappy in the present and fearful of the future.
....talking to someone can help.
-Sedating our thoughts & our feelings.......
Sometimes we are unaware that we have become out of touch with our feelings. Unaware that we have pushed our feelings down and sedated them, until they either bubble up and explode or become confused and try to express themselves through anxiety or depression.
Our feelings and needs change each day. How we respond to them changes too. By learning some of my simple cognitive and mindfulness techniques, I can help you to check in with your feelings and stay true to yourself.
*If you feel anxious, low or depressed.
*Are caught up in negative thought patterns.
*Lack confidence, self worth and self esteem.
*Struggling with your emotions.
*Feel trapped in an addictive or destructive behaviour.
*Grieving or have experienced loss.
*If you have experienced trauma.
*Or going through a difficult transition in your life.
.....talking to someone can help.
20 Years Clinical Practice
I bring to my Practice over twenty years of clinical practice. Having the opportunity to work with a vast variety of emotional and behavioural problems. Working from an Integrative Approach and drawn from a variety of modalities, which enables me to tailor each session to meet your individual need. Built within my Practice, you will find;
- Person Centred Therapy - drawn from the core concepts of therapy, of listening, without judgement, gaining empathy and understanding, to build trust and honesty within the counselling relationship. Working at your pace. Particularly beneficial in working with emotional difficulties and trauma.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy - drawing from our beliefs, which can influence how we think and feel about ourselves and subsequently how we behave. By identifying the underlying source, we can then develop cognitive skills and techniques, to re address negative thought patterns, erroneous beliefs and destructive behaviours.
- Mindfulness - therapeutically developed to fit into modern day living, by adopting a new mindset, which can measurably alter ones outlook and mood. Particularly beneficial in the self management of anxiety and stress.
- Neuro-Linguistic Programming (N.L.P) - often used within the Coaching process and goal setting. Based upon language and the way in which we individually give and receive information. Used, in particular, to address and shift negative inner dialogue and develop confidence and self worth.
- Solution Focused Therapy- often beneficial in working within shorter term counselling relationships and more problem solving based.
Whilst I have had the opportunity to work with a vast variety of emotional and behavioural problems, my areas of specialism include abuse, addictions, eating disorders, sexual assault, rape, trauma and P.T.S.D.
Appointments Face-to-Face Skype Telephone
I take great pride in my Practice. I hold a small client base, so that I can give my undivided attention and expertise to each client.